DescentOS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DescentOS Forum

Forum for the linux distro DescentOS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

need boot help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
garrydb

need boot help Empty
PostSubject: need boot help   need boot help EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 3:15 pm

Hello all, just tried DecntOS and love it but when I sign out and shutdown it causes no problem, but when I try to boot back, (I multi boot), it counts down 10 seconds in grub then starts over another ten and repeats over and over and won't boot up.. any help? Thanks
Back to top Go down
sdfsdadsahi

need boot help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need boot help   need boot help EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 3:39 pm

There seems to be a problem with your GRUB configuration file, could you post the contents of the following file

/boot/grub/grub.conf

Back to top Go down
garrydb

need boot help Empty
PostSubject: topic need boot help   need boot help EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 6:06 pm

Something has gone terribly wrong.. since it would not boot up, I tried the live disk and it boot into live.. I then tried to reinstall. The install stopped with 3 messages about couldn't open some temp files, didn't have permission.. then it shut down, said install couldn't finish.. I tried to get a bug report and it ran it's scans and said the problem was in the kernel, but it was a third party product. stopped, unable to send info..
So, being the diligent time waster that I am.. I re-downloaded the whole thing. This time I put it on USB 8gb same problem.. suggestions?

Thanks so much for help..
Back to top Go down
garrydb

need boot help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot help   need boot help EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 6:21 pm

tried several times.. Cannot install.. Tried another distro, worked perfectly.. I'm lost.. I did open the temp file and several of the folders inside were locked and I don't know how to unlock them since it isn't installed.. Oh well, tommorrow is another day... git-er-done.. GDay All
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

need boot help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need boot help   need boot help Empty

Back to top Go down

need boot help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DescentOS Forum :: Tech Support-
Jump to: