DescentOS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DescentOS Forum

Forum for the linux distro DescentOS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Icon themes not drawing properly

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lkj

Icon themes not drawing properly Empty
PostSubject: Icon themes not drawing properly   Icon themes not drawing properly EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:00 am

I've noticed that icon themes such as AwOken and ACYL don't draw properly. Instead of assigning the proper folders to Pictures, Downloads etc. they just draw their generic folders. Is there an icon theme that's missing in the install?
Back to top Go down
brian2040
Admin
brian2040

PostSubject: Re: Icon themes not drawing properly   Icon themes not drawing properly EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:32 am

No, it's a bug I've found in MATE upon install the /etc/xdg configurations for the folders don't link up, so they folders aren't drawn properly. I haven't quite figured out the reason for the bug or a fix for it yet, but I'm working on it.
Back to top Go down
http://descentos.org
lkj

PostSubject: Re: Icon themes not drawing properly   Icon themes not drawing properly EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:18 am

it's interesting because I have MATE installed in several distros. some draw icons properly, some don't. the two I know work are Ubuntu 12.04 and SalixOS.(slackware) however I have MATE installed on top of Bodhi 2.0 which is suppose to be based on Ubuntu 12.04 and it doesn't work. neither does antiX, crunchbang, semplice which are all debian based. strange.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Icon themes not drawing properly   Icon themes not drawing properly Empty

Back to top Go down

Icon themes not drawing properly
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DescentOS Forum :: Tech Support-
Jump to: